Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a new year!!

I know that there are a lot of resolutions made this time of year on losing weight. I have made the same resolution year after year. I never seem to quite see it all the way through. At the start of the year, I am focused, geared up, and ready to go. However, sometime through the year I tend to lose my enthusiasm and my will power. Well not this year.

Last year, I decided at the first of the year that I was going to get busy and lose weight!!! I did great for the first 6 months of the year. I actually ended up losing 35 lbs and then we went on vacation. I seem to have the hardest time staying on track while I am on vacation. I did lose weight last year, but it wasn't quite the amount I wanted. I ended up losing a total of 25 lbs.

This year, I would like to get to my goal weight. Brendan and I have talked about having at least one more baby, but I told him that I would like to get to my goal weight before even thinking about trying. Some people may wonder why go through all that weight loss just to gain weight again. My main purpose is so that I am healthier and will not be overweight when and if we do decide to have another child. With both Ashlynn and Peyton I had, what my doctor called, gestational hypertension. This may stay even if I am thinner, but I would like to find out if being overweight was causing the hypertension and the swelling. It would be nice to not have the problems if possible.

So this is my goal for this year. I plan on logging in at least once a day and giving an update of food diary, exercise, weight, etc....

So, until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment