Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Starting Over

I have an issue with not staying motivated and keeping with my goals. I goofed off the first month instead of being focused and keeping my eye on the prize (so to speak).

February 1st is my new start date. I weighed in and decided to give myself a goal of 8-10 pounds a month. It's totally doable. I hope thatI'm not being unrealistic.

I know that people say not to weigh in daily, but weighing in on a daily basis helps me to stay focused. I have noticed that when I only weigh once a week, I forfeit my hard work during the week and just go crazy on the weekend.

I am serious this time. It is something I have focused on and meditated about. I really do want to be healthy. I want to be thinner, not just for my husband and my kids, but for me. I want to be able to play with my children and not get tired after a few minutes. I want to take aerobics classes at the gym and make it throughout the class w/minimal stopping. I want to workout on the elliptical for 30 minutes w/o stopping. I want to be able to wear some of the clothes that I bought whenever I lost weight before having Peyton. I want to be the size I was when Brendan and I started dating. I want to wake up in the morning and get out of bed and the heels of my feet not ache. Shouldnt' be too much to ask for. I just need to stay focused. I also need to rely on God to help keep my strong and just remember that all things are possible with Him.

This journey will be a long one, but a lasting one.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I'm right there with you. Have you heard of the Beck Diet Solution? It's not really a diet, it's a book. It just helps you to think differently so that you can succeed at whatever diet you choose. They also want you to weigh in daily. They tell you to get a "coach" which is just someone you check in with who encourages you when you need it and stuff. There's a book and a workbook. If you are interested, I just have the workbook and it's basically the same as the book but it has extra stuff and places for you to write and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a pretty neat book Hannah. Definitely something worth checking out. Have you visited Sparkpeople? If you haven't, it is definitely something worth checking out. A free website full of wonderful and encouraging info!!!

    ReplyDelete