Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Go Big or Go Home!!

I absolutely love reality TV.  I don't like drama in my life, but I love watching the drama that comes with reality TV shows.  One of the shows that I watch is the Real World/Road Rules Challenges on MTV.  Let me say this before I continue, I am not a fan of MTV and don't sit there glued to all their other shows.  The RW/RR Challenge is that only show I do watch.  The object of the show is to make sure you are one of the challengers at the final challenge.  The way to do this is to be the best during the daily challenges and keeping out of the elimination round.  To keep the teams pumped you will hear several of the players cheering each other on.  During some of these challenges there are those competitors that literally GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!  They put all their effort and strength into the challenge to make sure they stay on top.  

This is how I kind of felt today.  Yesterday I was searching through various apps and found a Couch to 5K app and it was FREE!!!!  So I thought I would start the program today.  I got a call from Brendan this morning asking me to bring him something up to work and I just knew that my morning workout was going to be shot.  I ran by his office and then ran a couple of other errands while I was out.  As I headed home, I realized it was only 9:30 and I also realized that I still had time to get my morning walk in before Mason needed her nap.  Off to the park I headed with my phone and headphones in hand.  We got to the park, got the kiddos buckled, and started on my first day of C to 5K training.  I am so thankful that the park there in Yukon has really good walking trails and since it was later in the morning it wasn't as crowded as it normally is at 8:00 AM.  

So this morning I decided to GO BIG!!!  I started the program and I plan to keep up with it.  According to the program, it is a 3 day program for 8 weeks.  Since I started today, I will do it Thursday and Friday of this week.  Next week, I'll do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I am hoping that this will help me gain some stamina when I run and also to help me out when I play soccer.  

Day 1=SUCCESS!!

Keeping on the journey to the new me!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I think it's days like this that help you to change your thought processes and start believing you really can achieve this goal. And sometimes, that's all it takes! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was gonna start a c25k today too, except i woke up to pouring rain. go you!

    ReplyDelete