Monday, September 12, 2011

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever...

This is a quote from one of those wonderful movies featuring a the underdog team that comes back to win it all, The Replacements.  The Replacements is a movie where the professional football players have gone on strike.  So to make sure there is still a football season, the league brings in replacement players.  Players that are there to play for the love of the game and not for the love of money.  A player that is playing with heart!!!!

Last week I started Couch to 5K.  I have several reasons for starting this program.

1. To get in better shape
2. To change up the walking routine
3. To eventually run a 5K

With week one down, I feel like one of those replacement players.  Not doing the program for just physical gain, but also for a sense of accomplishment.  I started a program and did not quit!!!  On Saturday, I suggested to Brendan that we go for a walk.  I mentioned that he should start the Cto5K program and he decided to start that Saturday.  We even had Ashlynn join us.

I started the program over and today did Day 2.  I do not suggest doing this at 5:30 in the evening.  It is too hot!!  I'm very thankful for the breeze we had though.

Along with my goal to successfully finish this program, I am also wanting to increase my walking time to get my mile under 20 minutes.

As of today I'm 9 lbs away from my first goal.  Here's to losing the next 9 lbs!!!!

Here is a pic of me around the 1st of August.  Not quite my starting pic, but still with a way to go until my goal weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment